This is my newest doll rescue, Audrey Ann. I am fixing her up, and I thought it would be fun to show you how I am doing it.
Warning! If you don’t like seeing dolls taken apart, or in parts don’t read this post!
I found Audrey Ann at a thrift store for $.50. She had no hair, but I was looking for one to give new hair, so it works. She also came with her original dress. Here was my plan: redo her eyebrows, give her freckles, redo her lips, replace or repaint her eyes and give her new hair. Her eyebrows were green, and one of them was smudged. I cut her hair shorter, and used nail polish remover to get rid of her eyebrows. I was going to use nail polish remover with acetone in it, but I couldn’t find it, so I just used the stuff without, and it worked. To get her eyes out I took her head off and put it upside down in a cup. I poured boiling water in her head and waited till it was squishy. Then I attempted getting her eyes out. It was really hard. Eventually my mom did it with pliers and a wooden spoon. Here she is eyeless. I took they eyes and repainted them aquamarine. Here are the three pieces of the eye. The actual eye, a ring to go around it, and a black piece that holds it so it can spin. And here it is set up. (Kinda)
That’s all there is for now.