Tag Archive | Audrey Ann

Good Bye

A couple weeks ago I decided to send some dolls to a charity that uses dolls called Broken Dolls Healing Hearts. I sent all of the dolls that I had rescued from thrift stores (That I could find) except for Mia. There were six, and I took a photo shoot of them before they left.

lily-anna

This is Lily  Anna. I found her at a thrift store spring of 2015. Here is how I restored her and two other dolls. She also stared in Lily Anna’s Troubles

my-lily-anna

abbigail

This is Abbi. I found her at a thrift store right before Christmas 2015. I probably wouldn’t have bought her because I already had a Springfield Abby, but she was .29, so I went for it. I gave her to my cousin for Christmas, and she later traded her out for a different doll.

abbygail

bridget

This is BridgetI found her spring 2016. She was actually an Our Generation Belle, but I changed her up some.

show-off

passion

This is an Our Generation Ashley Rose, but I renamed her Passion. I found her summer 2016.

passion-tree

belle

This is an Our Generation Audrey Ann found in fall 2016. She was in terrible shape, with no hair or anything, but I redid her eyes, her face paint, and gave her hair. Her name changed to Isabel. 

isa-belle

kaity-lees-me

And this is Katie Lee, a BFC ink Katelyn I found in winter 2016. She had more hair, but I cut some of it off.

kaity-lee

I miss having a zillion dolls, but I’m glad they are going somewhere people need them more than I do.

my-preocious

lexie-sign-off

Doll Rescue-Audrey Ann Part Two

part one

Warning! If you don’t like seeing dolls taken apart, or in parts don’t read this post!

dscn37431 

I did the lips and then the eyes. It was the same thing as getting them out, but way harder. I had lost one of the pieces, so I was just going to put the eye part in, and it would be an eye that dosn’t open and close, right? Wrong.                               dscn37441     

We got the eyes in, after much trouble. They are messed up. Sigh. (On a side note the lips look like that because the boiling water washed her lip color off.)                           dscn37451             

I decided to try something, hoping it would word. I put some glue on the eyelid.

  dscn37461           

Then I taped it in place till it dried. It didn’t turn out as nice as I wanted, but it worked, so I did the hair.

 dscn37531                       

I went back and forth over how to give her hair several times. First I was going to use a doll wig. Then a hair weave. Then a human wig. We finally decided to go to Goodwill to look at human wigs. They were all $10 but the one. It looked like this, and the package said it was a hair weave. It was $5.

dscn37541                      

I was disappointed to find I had a wig till I actually looked at it. The way it is sewn together I could cut it apart and glue the strands on.

dscn37551                     

I started cutting the wig apart, grabbed a glue gun and started gluing.

dscn37561

A view from the front.

dscn37571           

And the side.

dscn37581                       

Here she is with all the hair I wanted glued on and no styling whatsoever.

dscn37591

Then I put her hair in a bun so I could do her face ‘paint’.

Lexie

Doll Rescue-Audrey Ann Part One

This is my newest doll rescue, Audrey Ann. I am fixing her up, and I thought it would be fun to show you how I am doing it.

Warning! If you don’t like seeing dolls taken apart, or in parts don’t read this post!

dscn3519                          I found Audrey Ann at a thrift store for $.50. She had no hair, but I was looking for one to give new hair, so it works. She also came with her original dress.  Here was my plan: redo her eyebrows, give her freckles, redo her lips, replace or repaint her eyes and give her new hair.dscn3520                          Her eyebrows were green, and one of them was smudged. dscn3693                          I cut her hair shorter, and used nail polish remover to get rid of her eyebrows. I was going to use nail polish remover with acetone in it, but I couldn’t find it, so I just used the stuff without, and it worked.dscn3694                       To get her eyes out I took her head off and put it upside down in a cup. dscn3695                         I poured boiling water in her head and waited till it was squishy. Then I attempted getting her eyes out. It was really hard. Eventually my mom did it with pliers and a wooden spoon. dscn3703                        Here she is eyeless. I took they eyes and repainted them aquamarine. dscn37181                         Here are the three pieces of the eye. The actual eye, a ring to go around it, and a black piece that holds it so it can spin. dscn37191                       And here it is set up. (Kinda)

That’s all there is for now.

Lexie