Warning! If you don’t like seeing dolls taken apart, or in parts don’t read this post!
I did the lips and then the eyes. It was the same thing as getting them out, but way harder. I had lost one of the pieces, so I was just going to put the eye part in, and it would be an eye that dosn’t open and close, right? Wrong.
I decided to try something, hoping it would word. I put some glue on the eyelid.
Then I taped it in place till it dried. It didn’t turn out as nice as I wanted, but it worked, so I did the hair.
I went back and forth over how to give her hair several times. First I was going to use a doll wig. Then a hair weave. Then a human wig. We finally decided to go to Goodwill to look at human wigs. They were all $10 but the one. It looked like this, and the package said it was a hair weave. It was $5.
I was disappointed to find I had a wig till I actually looked at it. The way it is sewn together I could cut it apart and glue the strands on.
I started cutting the wig apart, grabbed a glue gun and started gluing.
A view from the front.
And the side.
Here she is with all the hair I wanted glued on and no styling whatsoever.
Then I put her hair in a bun so I could do her face ‘paint’.